Community-level intervention is the answer, by Badiul Alam Majumdar, The Daily Star, April 28, 2020
- THP contributes to Civil Society ReportThis new report by USAID and FHI360 acknowledges significant input from our global vice president and country director Prof. Badiul Alam Majumdar.
- Bare Foot Researchers (GGS) Convention at Patnitala, NaogaonMahmud Hasan Rasel Joutho Chinta, Joutho Shokti, Sanggathane mukti’ keeping this slogan in front of GGS leaders arrange a convention in Patnitala Upazila, Naogaon. 1454 members came from 160 GGS of 12 unions. 322 peoples came out of these GGSs. Patnitala is one of the Upazilla where THP working with all Unions. This Upazila constituted […]
- Political Participation of Women for Equal Rights (POWER)A new study of The Hunger Project’s work in Bangladesh shows a 131% increase in respondents who believe that women should report domestic violence to authorities. The report reviews progress from a baseline to endline study of the POWER program in Bangladesh, which aimed to empower women leaders so that they effectively participate in local […]
- Visit to some gonogobeshona groups in the Hunger Project in Rangpur and Gaibandha-by Md. Anisur Rahman (26-28 May 2007)Gonogobeshona in the Hunger project started in this area following participation in 2005 of 45 of its “Ujjibaks”1 in a three-day PAR workshop at Nilfamari given by Development Research Centre ) DRC. headed by Dr. Lenin Azad. More than 25 gonogobeshona groups have reportedly been formed in Rangpur following this workshop. The groups have been […]
- Local Government and Political ReformA book of published essays by Prof. Badiul Alam Majumdar – a soft copy may be downloaded from this link: 2010 Majumdar Local Government and Political Reform.
- People’s Empowerment, Poverty Eradication and Good Governance: A Vision for Development Strategy for BangladeshPeople’s Empowerment, Poverty Eradication and Good Governance: A Vision for Development Strategy for Bangladesh1 Afreen Alam Master degree Candidate, School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University August 2004 To critique any country’s Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP), one must first and foremost concede to and understand one fundamental point: it is a strategy paper […]
- Why Animator Training Works: An Observer’s Analysisby Afreen Alam From the first glance at the Animator Training (AT) manual or its description, we, as in the development scholars and activists may wonder about the efficacy of such a program. Yet, it has been the foundation of The Hunger Project’s (THP) actions and successes for years and continues to grow in participation, […]
- What constitutes an enabling environment for the poor to succeed in their own development?Working paper for a National Strategy Forum, April 1994, Dhaka, Bangladesh Purpose The purpose of this paper is to provide a framework that will facilitate the participants in the upcoming strategic forum to identify new openings for action to provide an enabling environment for the poor. As will be shown below, the lack of a […]